Network EngineerZirkel Wireless
Now accepting resumes for a Network Engineer.
The Network Engineer will provide enterprise-wide network infrastructure support for complex systems and interconnected technologies that require day-to-day support and administration in order to maintain optimal network performance. This position will be responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining a Wide Area Network (WAN) to proactively address network issues that could impact service to customers.
- Must currently have legal status to work in the United States.
- Must have a desire and ability to relocate to Steamboat Springs, Colorado within 30 – 90 days.
- A clean and valid driver’s license.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer, Monitor and maintain a wireless WAN for optimal performance and maximum availability.
- Troubleshoot network issues, schedule upgrades.
- Collaborate with network architects on the design, configuration and implementation of network devices.
- Assist with network security and remedy DDoS attacks.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Troubleshoot and optimize fiber optic circuits with upstream provider.
- Manage and coordinate the administration of systems including RADIUS, DNS & DHCP.
- Provide next level support to other departments.
- Deploy Field Technicians to antenna sites as needed for maintenance and repairs.
- Communicate with all company departments; notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations including, but not limited to, outages, service disruptions, and network bottlenecks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of four years of experience in an implementation and support role for a large IP network.
- Full comprehension of the TCP/IP application suite and OSI models.
- Experience with administration, implementation, and troubleshooting of IPv4, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches, firewalls, static routing protocols, DHCP & NAT.
- Cisco or Mikrotik certifications.
- Experience implementing interior and exterior routing protocols including OSPF & BGP.
- Experience with Network Management Systems and monitoring applications such as Cacti and Intermapper.
- Familiarity with redundancy technologies: VRRP, SQL replication, clustering.
- Network installation experience in a high availability LAN, data center or NOC.
- Experience with LAN switching (spanning tree, VLAN, trunking, IGMP, PIM).
- Experience with RRAS, VPN Tunnels, VoIP and Multicast.
- Basic familiarity with Unix-like systems such as MacOS, Centos and Ubuntu.
- Expertise administering open source servers, bash shell scripting, and windows server administration.
- Experience with virtual server and virtual network environments.
- An attention to detail and discipline to utilize best practices for network systems and security.
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to interact with both internal and external customers that are technical or non-technical.
- Able to work after hours to perform planned and emergency network maintenance.
- Able to travel to remote antenna sites for installations and maintenance.
- Able to work independently and be a team player.
- A passion for high customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence.
About ZIRKEL Wireless
Founded in March of 2001, Zirkel Wireless is a locally owned and operated, Internet Service Provider. The ZIRKEL Network has the largest High-Speed Internet coverage area in Northwest Colorado and coverage continues to grow. We deliver fast, reliable & affordable Internet service utilizing various fixed wireless technologies. Our dedicated local team is responsive to the needs of our subscribers and the community.
We value our employees, customers, integrity, fairness and continuous improvement. ZIRKEL Wireless offers Competitive Pay, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Flex-Time Off, Matching IRA contributions, Performance Bonuses, Home Internet Service and an annual Ski Pass.
About Steamboat Springs, Colorado
As a ranching and ski resort community in Routt County, Colorado, Steamboat Springs is known for its Western Heritage, Geothermal Hot Springs, the Steamboat Ski Resort and the Howelsen Ski Area. The active community and the local ski areas have produced over 70 Olympic athletes giving Steamboat the nickname Ski Town, USA.
The Yampa River flows through the surrounding Yampa Valley and downtown Steamboat Springs offering locals and visitors river activities such as fly fishing, kayaking, and rafting. The area surrounding Steamboat Springs is home to the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest which has millions of acres of public lands that are great for hiking, biking, hunting, fishing, camping, exploration, and other recreation. The forest is also home to the Zirkel Wilderness which is our company’s namesake.
Steamboat Springs also offers several challenging golf courses, recreation centers, highly rated schools, medical facilities, and a regional airport. Think of Steamboat as having city amenities with a small town mentality.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.