Accounts Payable ClerkYampa Valley Electric
Accounts Payable Clerk
YVEA seeks an Accounts Payable Clerk responsible for the verification, reconciliation, and payment of invoices for the Association. 1-3 years of Accounts Payable experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into computer
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and departments by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries
- Schedules and prepares check runs for vendor payments, billing refunds, and check reissues
- Monitors vendor discount opportunities
- Investigates and resolves purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insures credit is received for outstanding memos
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Maintain and update vendor records and obtains W-9s (and Certificates of Liability when applicable)
- Annual 1099 preparation
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Prepare sale and franchise tax forms and payments
- Maintains mileage report readings, inputs US Bank fuel card usage, and inputs and reviews all other expenses in Fleet Module
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Reconciles accounts and maintains work papers relevant to the AP function
- Sorts and distributes mail daily
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.