This is a great opportunity to work in our top-tier healthcare organization and gain experience in an innovative nutrition services model! Whether you are a newly-registered dietitian or an experienced professional, we want to talk to you! Relocation allowance is available for this position.
In our medical clinics, Registered Dietitian Nutritionists work side by side with medical and mental health providers to address the nutritional needs of primary care patients. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, YVFWC equally values the contributions of all medical team members.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are located at all primary care sites, and counsel patients of all ages with nutrition-related conditions (diabetes, cardiovascular disease, weight management, digestive issues, food allergies, etc.), as well as for preventative education (Well Child Checks, prenatal counseling, healthy families) and for general nutrition questions and concerns.
The Primary Care Nutrition Services model utilizes Motivational Interviewing, and nutrition interventions are tailored to meet the individual's lifestyle and support their health goals in a judgment-free, sensitive, and supportive environment.
Our Primary Care RDNs are readily accessible in our clinics for warm hand-offs from providers and are proactive in identifying patients to drop-in on through the use of reports and registries. Same-day access is available to any patient who has established care at our clinics at no cost.
If you want to join a team where your work is valued and truly matters, choose YVFWC!
• Proactively identify patients to counsel through standard protocols.
• Receive warm handoff referrals from the clinic medical team.
• Provide Medical Nutrition Therapy and preventative education through Motivational Interviewing.
• Document visits appropriately using standard protocols in Electronic Health Record.
• Interact and collaborate with care team.
• Participate in clinic and department meetings.
• Collaborate with internal and external parties.
• Participate in process improvement efforts.
• Communicate effectively with supervisor, clinic manager, and other relevant parties.
What we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Relocation allowance
• 8 paid holidays + generous days paid time off (PTO)
• $0 premium for medical/dental/vision care
• Profit-sharing and retirement plans, paid short- and long-term disability, and much more
• Bachelor's degree in Dietetics or other relevant field
• One year of work experience in primary care, community/public health, or clinical setting preferred
• Experience working with patients of all ages
• Computer proficiency
• Registered Dietitian OR be registration eligible. RD exam must be completed within 90 days of hire. If the exam is failed, the employee must take the exam every 55 days following the initial exam date. The RD exam must be passed within 547 days (1.5 years) of hire.
• A current driver's license and proof of automobile insurance liability.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Good communicator
Working at YVFWCWorking in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.