Extension Specialist for Human NutritionWV STATE COLLEGE/ ACEOP GRA
Institute, WV 25112 is seeking applicants, For the position of: Extension Specialist for Human Nutrition
Job Title: Extension Specialist for Human Nutrition
Department: WVSU Extension Service
Reports To: Assistant Program Director, Communities and Families
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Extension Specialist for Human Nutrition at West Virginia State University (WVSU) is responsible for the leadership, coordination and evaluation of educational programs and products related to human nutrition.
Working in collaboration with the WVSU Research and Public Service Administration, the Extension Specialist will provide visionary and contemporary leadership for the development of high-impact extension programs in the areas of active lifestyle, nutrition, and health promotion. The Extension Specialist will also assist WVSU Extension personnel in identifying the most efficient and effective means to deliver timely, research-based information and programs to our diverse clientele and stakeholders
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Curriculum and Program Development
- Technical Assistance
- Other Responsibilities as Assigned
Description of Duties
Curriculum and Program Development
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate educational programs, curriculums, and products germane to the topic of Human Nutrition including the WVSU EFNEP program.
- Give major emphasis to coordinating the efforts of interdisciplinary teams addressing major issues facing the Nutrition and Health Education interests in West Virginia (including issues that cross program areas).
- Keep abreast of scientific and applied research on areas pertinent to your field of work.
- Identify, design, and implement evidence based programs to improve the health of the citizenry of West Virginia.
- Work collaboratively with other Extension Specialists, faculty and staff to provide leadership for interdisciplinary programs. This includes programs with West Virginia University Extension
Service and other university partners as well as external agency and organizational partners.
- Organize, participate in, and evaluate community-based training and meetings.
- Provide technical assistance to other Extension staff in areas of.
- Provide consultation, technical assistance, and education to a diverse audience of stakeholders.
- Emphasize the application of best practices on prevention of childhood obesity via engaging with communities and developing linkages, communicating and collaborating with institutions of higher education, agencies and representatives of federal, regional, state and local levels.
- Proactively seek and identify appropriate extramural funding for programs and applied research.
- Direct and coordinate individual budgets for the position inclusive of monitoring of grant funds obtained and expended and meeting any requisite reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with WVSU Extension personnel, as well as local, state, and federal agencies, in order to expanded program resources.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Conduct activities to foster a positive public image of West Virginia State University Extension, the West Virginia State University Research and Development Corporation, and West Virginia State University, an 1890 Land-Grant Institution.
- Share leadership in Extension's commitment to employ from and program for the diversity represented in West Virginia's population.
- Other duties as assigned.