Assistant Program Director, Communities and FamiliesWV STATE COLLEGE/ ACEOP GRA
Institute, WV 25112 is seeking applicants for the position of: Assistant Program Director, Communities and Families
Job Title: Assistant Program Director, Communities and Families
Department/ Office: WVSU Extension
Reports To: Director of Extension
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Program Director for Communities and Families operates within the West Virginia State University Research and Development Corporation and works with the Director of Extension to provide leadership, administration, and evaluation of programming within the Community and Economic Development (CED) and Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) program areas of the WVSU Extension Service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the development and delivery of high impact non-formal education based on locally identified needs which will lead to improved quality of life for individuals, families, and communities.
- Plan and implement programs focused on improved nutritional choices in children and adults, nurturing families, promoting healthy homes and communities, family resource management, community engagement, entrepreneurship development and other topics germane to community and economic development and family and consumer sciences.
- Assist in the formation of the USDA NIFA Plan of Work.
- Develop program plans which meet the needs of WVSU Extension clientele are consistent with the WVSUES mission and conform to policies and objectives of the WVSU Research and Development Corporation.
- Employ comprehensive program planning with ongoing involvement from Research and Public Service administrators, advisory committee members, stakeholders, and university faculty & staff in order to identify priority community needs.
- Promote team efforts in cross-program, multi-disciplinary, statewide, and multi-state priority issues.
- Assist in the creation and evaluation of informal educational programs, products, and research initiatives with Extension Specialists, Research Specialists, and other curricular and program staff members.
- Assist WVSUES personnel in developing tools and methods to evaluate outreach programs.
- Participate in the delivery process with Extension and Research personnel at all levels.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, development monitoring, and evaluation of personnel, as well as implementation of corrective actions, as needed.
- Identify, create, and implement a plan to meet professional development needs with staff.
- Provide leadership for the formation and operation of program teams, evaluating budgetary needs, and conducting periodic reviews, as needed, in order to address changing program priorities.
- Assist in the implementation of the USDA NIFA Plan of Work and completion of the Annual Report of Accomplishments.
- Provide leadership for programmatic resource development and management by proactively seeking external funding opportunities, writing grants, and managing budgets
- Identify funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development and submission of grant proposals
- Responsibly deploy and fulfill reporting requirements of federal and extramural resources.
- Conduct activities to foster a positive public image of WVSUES, WVSU R&D Corporation, and West Virginia State University, an 1890 Land-Grant Institution.
- Appropriately represent West Virginia State University Extension Service with individuals, agencies, and organizations on state, regional, and national levels.
- Share leadership in Extension's commitment to employ from and program for the diversity represented in West Virginia's population.
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures of the West Virginia State University R&D Corporation.