Mortgage Loan CloserWV Housing Development Fund
Mortgage Loan Closer
The West Virginia Housing Development Fund (the "Fund"), a quasi-governmental organization providing safe, decent affordable housing across West Virginia, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Mortgage Loan Closer in our Charleston Office.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Working directly with lenders, customers and attorneys to prepare and close various mortgage loans;
- Monitoring and tracking all loans in process and facilitating what is needed to bring loans to closing;
- Coordinating with internal loan origination staff to process and close qualified loan applications, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations;
- Complying with all requirements established by the secondary market, USDA and/or the government agency with regards to underwriting, regulatory compliance and procedural guidelines;
- Providing customer service to the public daily, answering questions as they relate to the refinancing and purchase of single-family mortgage loans;
- Assisting with lenders post-closing documents to ensure proper and timely submission, resolving any outstanding problems with incorrect or missing documents;
- Preparing documents for Second Deed of Trust program for all participating lenders; and
- Working with closing attorneys statewide to ensure accurate and efficient closing of all Fund origination loans.
Core Competencies include: Communication, Customer Service, Ethics, Organizational Skills and Teamwork. High School Graduate or GED equivalent with a minimum of two years' recent experience as a loan officer, processor, closer, or mortgage servicing; Knowledge of Real Estate Law, Microsoft Office plus loan origination and closing software programs required. Completion of relevant American Banking Institute courses or Associate degree in Finance, Business or related field preferred.
Base salary for this position is $35,136 with final salary determined based on knowledge and experience of the successful candidate. The Fund also offers an extensive benefit package that includes: State holidays Initial 3 weeks paid vacation Paid sick leave Health Care, eye, dental, basic life and disability benefits Optional flexible benefits Pension plan 457 Plan Work/Life Balance
An AA/EEO/Veteran/Disabled Employer