Master Control Operator
FT Master Control Operator (MCO) needed at WRCB-TV. 1 year working as a MCO at a TV station preferred. Must be able to work under minimum supervision. High school diploma required. College level studies preferred. Resumes may be faxed (423-267-6840), e-mailed (email@example.com) or mailed to Dan Sommers, WRCB-TV, 900 Whitehall Road, Chattanooga, TN 37405. EOE
Major Objectives/End Results
- To give the Company an error-free, on-air product.
- To maintain high technical quality on air.
- To give WRCB an accurate record of what we air.
- To insure that the transmitter is operated within the requirements of the F.C.C. and to provide an accurate record of its operation.
Major Duties: Achievement of Major Objectives/End Results
10% Arrive on time for work. Take transmitter readings. Adjust the transmitter as needed.
5% Check the programming of GVG computer.
5% Check the programming of Sony Betacart Machine.
20% Enter and recall fonts for morning news.
10% Pull and refile video tapes for air.
5% Load, adjust, remote and unload video tape machines.
10% Edit delayed programs to remove out of date material.
15% Keep program log.
15% Double check all programming to insure that mistakes are caught prior to air.
5% Run audio at times for morning cut-ins.
Unusual Demands and Requirements
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
- Must be able to work alone.
- Must be willing to come in on a call-in basis with little or no warning for emergency situations.
- Must work during weather emergencies.
- Must work until your replacement arrives.
- Requires focus and close attention to technical aspects.