Finance AssistantWorkforce Development Institute
The Workforce Development Institute, Inc. (WDI), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization is seeking a Finance Assistant to join our finance department in downtown Albany. The primary responsibility of the Finance Assistant is to assist with accounts payable processing ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented, possess strong organization skills, be able to communicate well with vendors and employees and have knowledge of basic accounting principles and be comfortable working in a small office environment. The finance assistant must also have the ability to do some spreadsheet and database analysis and problem solve when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Managing accounts payable lifecycle from invoice cover sheet preparation, distribution of costs, printing of checks, to check signing and mailing.
- Mail opening, coding and distribution.
- Answering vendor telephone and email inquiries.
- Negotiating disputes with vendors for inaccurate invoices.
- Building and maintaining various excel spreadsheets.
- Reviewing and paying all employee travel expense reports.
- Maintaining and verifying employee time sheets.
- Copying and filing in preparation for grant vouchering; preparing grant vouchers.
- Entering check data into Workforce Intelligence and Grants Management database.
- Reviewing monthly benefit invoices for accuracy and employee status.
- Annual preparation of 1099’s for all consultants and sub-contractors and accompanying reports in a timely manner.
- Assisting in annual audit.
- Ad hoc reporting and other AP tasks as assigned.
- Supporting Finance Director and Chief Financial Officer as needed.
- Minimum associates degree or equivalent.
- business/accounting courses required.
- 2-3 years of related financial/office experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated excellence in use of Microsoft Excel and Word; experience with Powerpoint is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting processes and procedures.
This is a full-time position (35 hours) with a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, Life, STD and LTD and 403(b). Parking is provided. The salary range is $38K - $50K. WDI is open to tailoring the position to a candidate’s needs if they are looking for a position that is less than 35 hours a week.
WDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about WDI visit our website at www.wdiny.org