RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Coordinator and Chief Nursing Officer
FUNCTION: To assist medical providers with primary health care and to perform outreach and selected nursing care procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Perform selected nursing care procedures as appropriate for the specialty i.e. OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Adult Medicine, such as hearing/vision screenings, electrocardiograms, obtain temperatures, pulse, respirations, height, weight, prepare patients for their examinations, and perform phlebotomy services as needed.
(2) Do exit interviews as indicated.
(3) Stocks exam rooms with medical and clinical supplies as needed daily.
(4) Maintains order in the clinical/work area, i.e. keeping exam room in order after each patient use, cleaning all areas as needed.
(5) Performs telephone triage.
(6) Answer phone call within 24 hours.
(7) Refer call to the appropriate physician
(8) Performs huddle procedures to prepare for daily patient schedules
(9) Completes referrals, forms, prior authorizations, and schedules outside appointments for patients.
(10) Close each exam room door at the end of each work day, i.e. makes sure otoscope and ophthalmoscope are in the proper place for recharging, ensure rooms are clean and in order, lights are out, and doors are closed.
(11) Enter vaccines given into the NextGen and Impact Systems.
(12) Cross trained and to assist team members in other departments as needed.
(13) Maintain strict patient confidentiality at all times
(14) Authorize drug refills as directed, and telephone prescriptions to the pharmacy.
(15) Observe and follow required safety protocols, including handling and disposal of sharps, use of personal protective equipment, exposure to bloodborne pathogens, and general safety of employees and patients.
(16) Assumes other duties as assigned by the supervisor and administration.
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant program or equivalent.
- Must be able to do multi-tasking, problem-solving, and have decision-making skills.
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism.
- Must be flexible on meeting varied work assignments; be organized and able to prioritize assignments.
- Must be able to function in an emergency situation.
- Computer skills are required
- Good customer relations skills
- Strong work ethic
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative.