Licensed Practical Nurse
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform selected nursing care procedures as appropriate for the specialty i.e. OB/GYN, Pediatrics, and Adult medicine, such as hearing/vision screenings, giving immunizations, electrocardiograms, obtain temperatures, pulse, respirations, heights, weights, preparation of patients for their examinations, assistance in completing assessment forms, consent and data collection forms, phlebotomy services, breathing treatments, and suture/staple removals.
- Perform interviews with administration assistance for new hires.
- Perform patient education as needed and directed by the providers.
- Stock exam rooms with medical and clinical supplies as needed daily.
- Put supplies and vaccines away when they come in.
- Enter vaccines when they arrive and when administered to patients into the Impact System.
- Maintain order in clinical/work area, i.e. keeping exam rooms in order after each patient’s use, cleaning all areas as needed.
- Utilize good customer service skills to "de-fuse" potentially volatile situations, such as between patients and patients, staff and patients, staff and staff.
- Assist with the coordination and management of immunizations / vaccines by maintaining an inventory of vaccines on a monthly basis and reporting this to the Chief Nursing Officer or Site Coordinator.
- Assist the Chief Nursing Officer or Site Coordinator on a quarterly basis, by counting the vaccines at your given site, in preparation of a report that has to be sent to the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program.
- Assist in the development, instruction, and maintenance of WinMed policies and procedures.
- Assist with phone triage. Answer phone calls in a timely manner. Refer calls to the appropriate nurse &/or physician if needed in a timely manner.
- Perform missed appointment procedures.
- Participate in huddle procedure, patient recall as needed for the collaborative and daily patient schedules, and all other Disease Collaborative Activities.
- Completion of referrals, forms, prior authorizations, retrieving charts and returning phone calls to patients.
- Perform daily room shut down procedures: i.e. makes sure ototscope and ophthalmoscopes are in the proper place for recharging, ensure rooms are clean and in order, lights are out, and doors are closed.
- Represent the center, department, and services in a positive way.
- Collaborate with patients, providers, staff, pharmaceutical representatives, and anyone that uses our services in a positive manner, at all times.
- Must be flexible and accept varied work assignments.
- Actively assist with and /or conduct nursing meetings and in-service training.
- Cross trained in all departments and to assist in those departments as needed.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor and administration willingly.
Must have completed training in a License Practical Nurse program, and received licensure for the State Of Ohio. Must have at least 6 months experience in a Clinic, Physician’s Office or Hospital after certification. Must have training in Supervision and Coordination. Must be able to adapt to changes within the environment i.e.: (professional, physical, and clinical). Must be able to accept constructive criticism. Must be flexible on meeting varied work assignments. Must be able to function in an emergency situation.