Network Service TechnicianWilkes Communications
Network Service Technician
RiverStreet Networks currently has an opening for a Network Service Technician at our location in Saluda.
Duties would include but not limited to:
- Perform various installations and reports, including telephone, video, broadband and special services.
- Installation of fiber and copper enclosures.
- Installation of inside wiring according to company specifications.
- Perform fiber splices using various fiber splicing machines.
- Locate trouble in network facilities.
- Use test equipment such as OTDR, TDR and various others.
- Perform restoration during interruptions in service or outages.
Job Knowledge, Experience, and Training:
- Associates Degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent experience is required.
- Detail oriented and a team player
- Proficiency in fiber and copper color codes and identification.
- Experience in broadband technologies including: DSL, FTTx, and Wi-Fi strongly preferred.
- Must be able to determine colors (cannot be color blind).
- Valid driver's license is required.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.