Cook #6143, Food Service Worker #6216whitsons culinary group
Phoenixville, PA Full-time
Posted on October 3, 2019
Food Service- Cook/Cafeteria Workers for Phoenixville School Lunch. Food Service experience needed with a positive attitude. Search Req. 6143 & 6216.
- Service daily hot lunch line to ensure compliance with menu, portioning, presentation and quality guidelines.
- Perform temperature checks during meal period to ensure food is being served hot. Log results in the temperature manual.
- Follow sanitation requirements.
- Assist in the implementation and follow-up of a sanitation cleaning schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Minimum 2-year food service experience required, culinary experience preferred
- Serve Safe (or be scheduled), Safety, Hazcom, Customer Service training class certifications preferred
- Must attend all other company-sponsored training seminars.
- Basic English Reading and Writing Skills
- Able to Pass Background Screening
Food Service Worker
- Prepares and serves food according to menus and incorrect portion sizes as mandated by yield guides.
- Performs cleaning duties, including sweeping and mopping of floors, cleaning of equipment and work areas, dishwashing and pot washing.
- Brews coffee, fills beverage machines, sets up hot and/or cold food area.
- Delivers, when necessary, food to staff, students and catering events.
- Complies with all state, federal, local health department requirements for safe food handling.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Culinary background preferred.
- 1-year of professional food service experience required.
- Must be proficient in recipe procedure, cooking techniques, cashiering.