The Westmoreland County Housing Authority is accepting applications for a full-time accounting assistant at its main office in Greensburg. The position would be under the direction of the comptroller to perform technical and complex housing authority accounting duties, maintain an accounting system, review fiscal records, prepare financial report statements and analysis, and do other related work as required.
Accounting Assistant Qualifications:
· At minimum, an Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or similar field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience can be substituted.
· 1-3 years of relevant, hands-on accounting experience
· Knowledge of government and nonprofit accounting principles, concepts and terminology
· Computerized accounting software experience
· Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to work independently on assigned duties.
· Demonstrate an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
· Plans, organizes, coordinates and assists in the operation of the accounting department.
· Performs duties within the Authority’s accounting system related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory and property control, and tenant security deposits.
· Managing company ledgers and reconciling bank accounts
· Preparation of financial summaries, statements, reports, and budgets
· Reviews budget control of program funds
· Scheduling, monitoring, and compiling data for annual financial audits
· Preparation of bi-weekly payroll in conjunction with payroll service
· Perform other related duties as assigned by the comptroller or chief accountant.
The position offers a salary range of $40,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
WCHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.