Food Service Workers
West Fargo Public Schools is seeking applicants to fill multiple food service positions at various locations throughout the district for the 2021-2022 school year.
TERM: Positions align with the West Fargo Public Schools calendar, beginning with the 2021-2022 school year. Most positions are part-time, 3-4 hours per day.
SUMMARY: Assists in the preparation and service of meals to students according to established methods and procedures, while following high standards of sanitation and food safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assist in preparing and serving meals to students and staff
* Perform cleaning tasks including dishwashing, sweeping and mopping floors
* Maintain high standards of food safety and sanitation
* Give strict attention to product quality, portion control, and minimization of waste
* Clean work area using proper sanitation procedures and supplies
* Assist in maintaining accurate records of daily food preparation
* Perform cashiering duties, including use of computer as needed
* Display a positive and friendly attitude toward students and staff
* Work in a team environment
* Focus on the needs of the individuals being served
* Assist other food service employees in heavy lifting when needed
* Attend training and/or workshops as directed
* Adhere to assigned work schedule and maintain regular and punctual attendance
* High School diploma or GED
* Reliable and dependable attendance
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Prior experience with large quantity food preparation preferred
SALARY: Starting pay is $14.43 - $14.86.
DEADLINE: Until Filled.
The West Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual's race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran's Preference: North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a form DD214, and if claiming disabled veteran's status, a current letter of disability. West Fargo Public Schools is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in all hiring and employment practices. Applicants who incorporate a holistic perspective and a commitment to inclusion are encouraged to apply.