Accounts Payable Technician
West Fargo Public Schools is seeking an experienced and innovative Accounts Payable Technician to join our team. Apply today!
POSITION: Accounts Payable Technician - Accounting Department
TERM: Year-round position, Monday - Friday - 8 am-5 pm
SUMMARY: The Accounts Payable Technician is responsible for processing accounts payable transactions and payment of all district credit card payments as well as accurate and on-time payment of payables.
* Associates Degree in Accounting or closely related field preferred. Extensive job experience in accounting may be considered in lieu of an Associate's Degree.
* Three or more years of related job experience preferred.
* Basic knowledge in accounting procedures and standards.
* Strong organizational/follow-up skills, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and planning skills.
* Demonstrates the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meets deadlines by setting priorities.
* Adept at problem-solving and showing resiliency when faced with challenges.
* Prior experience working with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
* Strong work ethic with reliable and dependable attendance.
* Processes accounts payable transactions in the GP accounting system.
* Calculate and process vendor checks, ACH, and EFT payments.
* Upload all checks issued to the bank's positive pay system as check batches are processed to prevent fraud.
* Respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment & invoice questions and providing check copies when needed.
* Process requested accounts receivable sales invoicing.
* Processes all district credit card payments and works to increase purchases utilizing the District Purchasing Card program to increase revenue share through the State of ND.
* Works with payroll department to process payroll related vendor transactions.
* Respond to district employee questions regarding accounts payable issues.
* Provide backup support within the Accounting Department.
* Adheres to the assigned work schedule by maintaining regular and punctual attendance.
SALARY: Minimum starting salary of $16.84 per hour plus excellent benefits and paid leave. Please refer to the 2020-2021 Classified Salary Schedule - B211 (2021-2022 Classified Salary Schedule not yet released)
DEADLINE: August 3, 2021