Accounts Payable Specialist
The accounts payable specialist is responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing and processing transactions, and ensuring accurate and on-time payment of payables.
* Prepare invoices for payment and matches them with purchase orders.
* Review invoices for accuracy and completeness, process and pay all authorized invoices.
* Maintain vendor records, including W-9, to ensure appropriate vendor information is on file.
* Prepare and submit annual 1099 vendor information to vendors and the government.
* Responsible for timely preparation, verification, and distribution of payment.
* Maintain files of paid and unpaid invoices and purchase orders.
* Review and reconcile monthly vendor statements against open invoices and payments issued, and research open invoices with vendor.
* Review open purchase order reports to ensure validity.
* Respond to vendor inquiries regarding payments.
* Respond to expenditure questions from district responsibility centers.
* Maintain and monitor district purchasing card program and other p-card programs.
* Work to increase purchases utilizing the district p-card program to increase revenue share.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or closely related field or Associate's degree in accounting with 3 or more years of experience in directly related field
* Basic knowledge in accounting procedures and standards
* Strong organizational skills and adept at problem-solving
* Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
* Possess analytical skills, high level of accuracy, and attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines by setting priorities
* Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
Year-round position, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am -5:00 pm. Location: Leidal Education Center.
SALARY: 2020-2021 Classified Salary Schedule - B232 (2021-2022 schedule to be released as soon as available)
*Minimum starting salary of $20.60 per hour plus excellent benefits and paid leave - based on 2020-2021 salary schedule
DEADLINE: May 12, 2021