The West Bloomfield Township Fire Department is now accepting applications for its entry-level Firefighter/Paramedic eligibility list. Firefighter/Paramedic duties include: fire suppression, emergency medical care and transportation, hazardous materials, technical rescue, confined space rescue, public education, maintaining equipment, including: apparatus, tools, fire service equipment and fire stations, participating in training, protecting life, property and other related duties. Starting pay is currently $48,376.76 - $58,375.12 depending on qualifications, plus a generous benefit/retirement package.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 16:30 hrs.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WHEN SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS OR THOSE WITH MISSING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent
- No Felony Convictions
- State of Michigan Firefighter 1 & 2 Certification-preferred, or be willing to complete a Township provided academy
- Current State of Michigan Paramedic License
- Current CPR Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
- Hazardous Materials Operations Level Certification -preferred
- Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
- Vision correctable to 20/20 in both eyes
- Physical condition appropriate for the position
- Current Certificate of Passing from EMPCO-pre employment/Firefighter Testing Program empco.net
- Physical agility test at either Conference of Western Wayne (CWW) at (734) 462-4806 or Oakland Community College at https://www.oaklandcc.edu/crest/fire/physicalagility.aspx
- Candidates must also pass an oral interview(s) and a post offer physical examination, drug screening, background investigation, and psychological exam
- SEE CHECK LIST FOR ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS MAY BE REQUIRED.
Visit www.wbtownship.org/jobs to download our employment application. Return completed application, signed checklist and ALL required documents on or before the application deadline to:
West Bloomfield Township-Human Resources Dept.
4550 Walnut Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
or email in one PDF to email@example.com
Business Hours: Monday through Friday, 08:00 hrs to 16:30 hrs
An Equal Opportunity Employer