Grounds Technician, CDL Driver, Engineering TechnicianWeld County,Weld County
- Grounds Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned. (any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all duties which may be found in positions of this class.)
• Perform routine maintenance of facility grounds by safely operating all power and/or hand equipment required to keep the facility's lawns, trees, shrubs and flowers in a clean, safe, and attractive condition, to include weed control, fertilize, removal of debris and dead foliage.
• Perform sprinkler system replacement of valves, wiring, clocks & heads; to include digging, trenching and clock programming. Understand well operation and perform well maintenance; to include pressure gauges, valves, filters and pond fountains.
• Perform maintenance on lawns, trees, shrubs and building interiors and exteriors, including painting and minor cosmetic repairs to walls, ceilings and floors.
• Perform overall maintenance support for all county buildings.
• Document and/or log all data related to the completion of work orders in a timely manner.
• Perform the application of pesticides & herbicides under supervision.
• Perform minor concrete repairs, flag pole maintenance & repairs, construct and repair fences & gates, distribute license plates, etc.
• Inspect and maintain grounds and sidewalks, breezeways, parking lots, and facility entrances in a safe, clean, and attractive condition free of hazards. Routinely empty trash receptacles, and picks up litter throughout the exterior areas of the facilities.
• Operate machinery and tools to include; boom lift, fork lift, front end loader, tractor, bobcat, trencher, mowers, trimmers' snow blowers, shovels, picks, brooms, etc.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively communicate current and anticipated problems to supervisor.
• May be required to be on-call status during hours other than normal shift hours and perform related work as required.
• Participate in snow removal activities including operating snow plows, snow blowers, and shovels.
• Ability to safely operate a vehicle in routine conditions.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- CDL Driver
- Engineering Technician
- Community Health Nurse
- Fleet Mechanic
- Office Tech II, III
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.