Consortial Network Zone Manager
The Consortial Network Zone Manager enables the success of the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) partners by managing, coordinating and contributing to resource management (including metadata records, authority control, acquisitions, vendor information and other services) in the Ex Libris Alma environment. The Consortial Network Zone Manager is also responsible for ensuring accurate information and supporting workflows in the resource management functional areas of the Alma platform. The Consortial Network Zone Manager works closely with library staff and with WRLC central staff to enhance collaboration and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Network Zone workflows and operations. This position reports to the Director, Library and User Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Network Zone resource management: Coordinates and manages resource management in the Alma Network Zone for the WRLC libraries. Assesses consortial needs, makes recommendations and implements approved Network Zone policies and procedures. Manages import, export and deletion of Network Zone records. Monitors monthly updates, tests enhancements and reports results. Troubleshoots issues in resource management records and workflows and resolves them in support of the partner libraries.
2. Shared electronic resource management: Manages shared electronic content maintained in the Network Zone, including the import, creation, activation and maintenance of shared electronic collections and testing of shared collections in the Primo VE discovery environment. Activates and manages resources in the Alma Community Zone, from vendors and other sources.
3. Library Systems support: Provides support and problem-resolution in the Alma environment for the WRLC libraries, Trinity Washington University, and other partners. Monitors existing, new, and proposed Network Zone functionality to support increased collaborative work, including engaging the technical services community about needed functionality and advocating with vendors for improvements and issue resolution. Contributes to planning for system developments and enhancements by working with library staff to identify problems, outline potential solutions, and implement requested configuration changes. Contributes to Primo VE support activities.
4. Outreach and Communication: Represents the WRLC organization on committees and task forces. Coordinates with library and university staff, vendors and other stakeholders to ensure the needs of all the WRLC partners are considered in decisions. Facilitates consensus on cataloging policies and workflows that promote greater collaboration across the WRLC. Regularly communicates status and planning information to appropriate WRLC staff and the library partners. Prepares and provides documentation on WRLC policies and recommended workflows. Works with library staff to provide training for new features/workflows as required.
5. Professional Responsibilities: Serves on committees and task forces as required. Provides constructive input for enhancements to services or revisions to policies and procedures. Serves as backup to other positions as necessary and performs other duties as assigned. Seeks new knowledge and update skills to enhance performance in all areas of responsibility.
Expected: ALA accredited master’s degree in library or information science, master’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience. At least three years’ demonstrated experience with metadata schema (MARC, FRBR, RDA, etc), working with MARC bibliographic records, building and running batch processes and understanding of cataloging workflows.
Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to create documentation in various forms, including communicating a high level of technical detail to a variety of audiences. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and to manage multiple projects and priorities successfully.
The WRLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The WRLC offers a competitive benefits package.
An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background screening.