Academic Geriatric Medicine PhysicianWashington Health System
Academic Geriatric Medicine
Washington Health System
Washington Health System is located in Washington, Pennsylvania and has an exceptional clinical & academic position available for a qualiﬁed board certiﬁed family medicine or internal medicine physician. We are looking for a Geriatric Medicine physician to continue to develop and oversee the Geriatric Fellowship program at WHS – with the potential of becoming Fellowship Director. The program is designed to provide family medicine and internal medicine residency graduates with the unique clinical skills, knowledge and experiences necessary for delivering high
quality care to the growing geriatric population. The ﬁrst fellow started the program in July 2017. The WHS also has an established Palliative Medicine Fellowship which is a “sister” program that encourages active, educational interactions for the beneﬁt of both programs.
Our Family Medicine Centers located in Canonsburg, Cecil, and Washington provide quality, family-oriented, primary care at convenient locations. We provide general health examinations, care for minor emergencies, accidents, and acute and chronic illnesses. We also provide care in obstetrics, gynecology, and pediatrics. Washington Health System’s Family Medicine Centers are staffed by board-certiﬁed family medicine physicians and family medicine residents who are committed to providing high quality family medical care. These are academic medical practices
operated by the Washington Health System Family Medicine Residency Program, a three-year training program for family medicine physicians. Full-time, board-certiﬁed physicians are on staff at each center and supervise the resident physicians.
• Family Medicine (CAQ in Geriatrics) or Internal Medicine (Boarded in Geriatrics)
• Fellowship preferred
• Full-time, permanent, hospital-employed position
• Experience preferred: 2-3 years post graduate
• Location: Washington, PA
• Coverage: Traditional inpatient & outpatient (hospital, skilled facilities)
• Call: 2-3 times/month, weekends every 6-8 weeks
• 60% clinical & 40% academics with Geriatric Fellowship program (1 fellow per year), Palliative Medicine Fellowship (1 Fellow), and the dually accredited Washington Health System Residency Program (3 year program with 21 total residents)
• M.D. or D.O.
• Board Certiﬁed
• Compensation commensurate with experience.