Research AnalystVirginia Economic Development Partnership
Richmond, VA Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced Analyst to join its Research Division. The Research Analyst provides timely analysis and information in support of VEDP's goals of helping companies create jobs and invest in Virginia, working closely with colleagues within the Research Division and in other divisions, and with external partners.
- Fulfilling data and analytical requests in a timely manner by tapping into the rich data resources maintained by the organization, as well as external resources
- Performing customized analysis on a wide range of economic and other data to support marketing efforts, as well as Agency Major Initiatives and special projects
- Developing industry expertise in a subset of VEDP's 13 target industries and participating in the maintenance and development of Virginia's Value Proposition for those industries
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business, public policy/administration, statistics, or a closely-related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Proven experience applying data analysis techniques and tools through at least two years of relevant professional experience
- Academic or professional experience in the fields of economic development or regional / urban planning
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and tools, and in particular advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proven experience translating research results into effective written and oral presentations
- Existing knowledge of and experience using major economic data sources
- Strong motivation to sharpen analytical skills and to bring new and innovative ideas to the team
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals and experience managing multiple projects
- Knowledge of and experience working with statistical packages (such as Stata or SPSS), SQL, and/or Salesforce CRM software preferred
A valid driver's license is required.
Salary Minimum: $45,000.
Application deadline: May 31, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.