Outreach SpecialistVirginia Economic Development Partnership
Outreach Specialist (Full-time)
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an Outreach Specialist for the Business Investment's Call Center. This position provides support for VEDP's strategic lead generation initiatives during on-going calling campaigns, providing accurate data updates and managing contact follow-up schedules.
• Execute on-going outreach to targeted industry and geographic markets via telemarketing and other communications platforms
• Contact an average of 450 key decision-makers each week during lead generation campaigns to arrange appointments between the company's executives and VEDP staff
• Conduct outreach focusing on various marketing programs designed to attract companies to Virginia as well as building awareness of Virginia as a desirable business location
• Ensure that all data is accurate, promptly channeling phone requests to the proper VEDP staff, and documenting phone conversations to accurately capture companies' needs and specific interests with clear direction and documentation
• Produce daily call activity reports
• Review and maintain a thorough understanding of the information and resources in the VEDP Call Center Employee Manual
• Excellent communication and customer skills
• Ability to speak articulately and confidently with business executives
• Self-directed and motivated
• Highly detail-oriented and able to multi-task
• Possess a professional attitude at all times
• Must be able to handle rejection specific to phone contacts
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Salesforce experience a plus
• High School diploma required; post-secondary education a plus
• Call center/customer service experience preferred
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Salary minimum: $32,000.
Application deadline: February 6, 2020.
All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120