Instructional Design ConsultantVirginia Economic Development Partnership
Instructional Design Consultant
Part-Time or Contract
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking part-time or contract Instructional Design Consultants to help create highly customized and engaging training deliverables as part of a new world-class Talent Solutions Division within VEDP. The goal is to create a top-ranked program to compete with the existing industry leaders, Georgia Quick Start and Louisiana FastStart.
The core deliverables will be new-hire training and workforce selection services that are fully customized to a client company's unique processes, equipment, procedures, and culture. These services will be part of a comprehensive suite that includes training in leadership, operational excellence, collaboration skills, quality systems, automation, and manufacturing technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to work on multiple projects with the world's most prestigious companies as they deploy leading-edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. Hours for both part-time and contract positions are flexible. The part-time positions cannot exceed 29 hours per week averaged over the course of a year. The weekly hours for contract positions are not limited.
Neither role carries benefits but successful performance may lead to a full-time role.
• Work with client management and subject matter experts to identify training needs, with frequent in-state and occasional domestic or international travel.
• Continually explore areas of opportunity for use of technology mediums for content delivery to promote a world-class training experience.
• Design, develop and manage a suite of modules that will serve as the program's core offerings in safety awareness training, lift vehicle operations, precision measurement, cranes & rigging, and other industry-related topics.
• Maintain a positive relationship with our partners at the Virginia Community College System (VCCS).
• Maintain relationships with the client's leadership team and support VEDP leadership to ensure all deadlines are met and all VEDP deliverables are highly valued by the client.
• Proficiency in designing, creating and facilitating training courses for new hire scenarios.
• Verbal and written communication expertise.
• Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment.
• Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers.
• Extensive knowledge of eLearning methods and practices.
• At least 1 to 3 years of experience in the design, development, and delivery of training, preferably in a manufacturing or corporate environment.
• Working within external and internal cross-functional teams.
• Experience developing and delivering training using eLearning and preferably AR or VR technologies.
• Experience in an organization that develops and delivers customized training for external clients.
• Comfortable working with either a team-centric or individual environment.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience is required; advanced degree is a plus.
A valid Virginia driver's license is required.
Application Deadline: December 6, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action.