Economic Research AnalystVirginia Economic Development Partnership
Economic Research Analyst Richmond, VA
Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced Economic Research Analyst to join its Research Division. The Economic Research Analyst conducts industry and economic research, participates in lead generation efforts, and supports the management of data in addition to other tasks in support of VEDP's goals of helping companies create jobs and invest in Virginia.
- Conduct industry research focused on maintaining and developing VEDP's understanding of Virginia's competitive advantages in its target industries
- Produce high-caliber products communicating different aspects of Virginia's competitive advantages for use by the organization
- Work with staff across the organization to perform analysis aimed at identifying high quality company leads for the Business Investment team
- Support the management of large datasets maintained by the organization, including running programs to extract, transform and load data
- Support major initiatives and strategic projects across the organization
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in economics, business, public policy/administration, statistics, or a closely-related field
- Proven experience applying data analysis techniques and tools through at least three years of relevant professional experience
- Academic or professional experience in the fields of economic development, regional / urban planning, or other relevant field is preferred
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and tools, and in particular advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proven experience translating analytical research into effective written and oral presentations
- Existing knowledge of and experience using major economic data sources, and experience manipulating large data sets
- Strong motivation to sharpen analytical skills and to bring new and innovative ideas to the team
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals and experience managing multiple projects
- Knowledge of and experience working with statistical packages (such as Stata or SAS), SQL, and/or Salesforce CRM software preferred.
Salary Minimum: $50,000.
Application deadline: June 26, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.