DeveloperVirginia Economic Development Partnership
Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced Developer in its Information Technology Division. The primary responsibilities of this position include systems analysis, application & web development, and some project management. The Developer will also design, develop, and implement solutions by creating new and modifying existing business applications using Microsoft .Net technologies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and technologies used in .Net and web development environments accessing enterprise databases
• Utilize programming best practices (i.e. coding standards, security, and source control)
• Proficiency with debugging and testing
• Ability to implement and integrate vendor solutions
• Capable of planning and managing all project phases
• Strong communication skills to support all project phases, in particular, technical and business requirement discussions
• Follow and contribute to improving team development standards and processes.
• Prioritize work effectively
• Self-motivated, independent, collaborative, and proactive
Experience and Education:
• 2+ years' experience working with .Net Framework, C#, ASP.NET WebForms and Web API development (REST API)
• Experience in Microsoft development environment (Visual Studio, C#, LINQ, Entity Framework, SQL Server, Team Foundation Server)
• Experience developing adaptive and/or responsive websites
• Experience writing project and system documentation
• Experience with SQL Server designing and developing database objects.
• ASP.Net Core, Azure, Angular or REACT is a plus
• Vendor Certifications (MCSD, etc.) is a plus
A combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in information systems or a related field is essential. Salary minimum: $70,000.
Application deadline: September 18, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120