Analyst, Sites and BuildingsVirginia Economic Development Partnership
Analyst, Sites and Buildings
Richmond, VA Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an Analyst to join its Research Division as part of the Sites and Buildings team. As a member of the Sites and Buildings team, the Analyst will support VEDP's goals of helping to create jobs and investment in Virginia by developing expertise on the inventory of properties available and offering location recommendations to companies seeking to locate and expand in the Commonwealth. The Analyst will work closely with colleagues within the Research Division and in other divisions, as well as with external partners to shape business recruitment strategy by analyzing the impact of the property inventory on company location decisions.
- Participate in community visits to gain first-hand knowledge of the properties available in Virginia in order to make appropriate location recommendations to companies
- Support VEDP's initiative to bridge critical gaps in the availability of properties to improve Virginia's competitiveness in attracting and retaining companies
- Analyze companies' location requirements to understand their impact on Virginia's competitiveness and inform marketing strategies
- Provide community and regional partners with information on issues related to market preferences, economic development trends, and site and building development
- Develop and maintain up-to-date electronic information about the inventory of properties available for development in Virginia
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in economics, business, public policy/administration, planning, or a related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience applying data analysis techniques and tools in academic or professional settings
- Academic or professional experience in the fields of economic development or regional / urban planning is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects
- Strong motivation to sharpen their analytical skills and bring new and innovative ideas to the team
- Knowledge of commercial real estate or development, project management fundamentals, and local government is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with GIS systems/applications, SQL, and Salesforce CRM software preferred
A valid driver's license is required. Some overnight travel is required.
Salary Minimum: $50,000.
Application deadline: May 24, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.