3D Modeler and AnimatorVirginia Economic Development Partnership
3D Modeler and Animator
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced 3D Modeler and Animator to effectively build and deliver creative assets that will visually communicate learning concepts through various mediums. The Modeler and Animator will work collaboratively with instructional designers and project managers within the new world-class Talent Solutions Division of VEDP.
The ideal candidate is a conceptual and critical thinker who has experience working with production teams, transforming ideas into creative visual solutions for complex learning concepts. 3D Illustrations and animations will ultimately be used in new-hire training and workforce selection services that are fully customized to a client company's unique processes, equipment, procedures and standards. These services will be part of a comprehensive suite which includes training in leadership, collaboration skills, quality systems, and automation technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the world's most prestigious companies as they deploy leading edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. You will do this as an employee of VEDP, which offers a highly attractive compensation package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that fully vests in just five years. Ultimately, our division's goal is to create a top ranked program that competes with existing industry leaders, Georgia Quick Start and Louisiana FastStart.
• Translate complex ideas and/or processes into easy-to-understand visual explanations through illustration, 3D modeling and animation
• Conceptualize and build a variety of models and content for course videos and learning modules
• Actively collaborate with internal instructional designers, project managers, and the video production team as well as external production teams to create visual solutions that meet learning objectives
• Assist in building and maintaining a comprehensive and searchable creative asset library of animation and graphic assets
• Collaborative and operationally-minded contributor who inspires innovation, delivers results, and can also leverage opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
• Verbal and written communication expertise
• Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
• Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
• Ability to collaborate within a team to foster an environment of innovation, creativity and trust
• Ability to interpret and graphically illustrate varied content for a broad range of subject areas
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to work efficiently, independently, and on multiple projects concurrently
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required; advanced degree is a plus
• Extensive experience 3DS Max, Solidworks, Maya (or similar/equivalent software), for use primarily in technical training
• A strong foundational knowledge of design, typography, color, layout, and visual timing
• Substantial experience developing and delivering graphics services, technical illustrations, etc. to support training in manufacturing environments
• Experience working in the Adobe Creative Suite, esp. Illustrator and PhotoShop
• Experience with UX and UI design and HTML/CSS
• Substantial experience in an organization whose core business is developing and delivering training services to external clients
• Experience developing with Articulate, Captivate and AutoCAD
• Experience developing Google Glass or Microsoft HoloLens applications for manufacturing environments
• Experience lighting, shooting and editing broadcast-quality videos and photography
A valid Virginia driver's license is required. Application deadline: December 11, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120