Secondary Education Art Teacher and Director of Special Education
Verdigris Public Schools is hiring for the 2019-2020 school year:
• Early Childhood STEAM Teacher
• Upper & Lower Elementary Teachers
• Secondary Art Teacher
• Special Education Director
• HS Counselor
To begin a new application, choose a job from the available listings below. After your information is complete, you will receive a confirmation number, and your information will be saved allowing you to return at any time to submit additional applications.
Please be sure and remember your username and password for use on future applications.
Historical Facts about Verdigris
1. Verdigris Public Schools was established in 1908.
2. Verdigris lost its High School in 1947.
3. During WW2, Verdigris lost high school enrollment and became a K thru 8th grade independent district.
4. In 1980, Verdigris added a ninth grade and became an independent school district.
5. The Verdigris community passed 4th phase bond issue in 1997 to establish a new high school.
Bond Issue Phases:
1. A new elementary building and baseball and softball facilities
2. 4 class rooms added to the elementary, two new classrooms and science labs added to the high school.
3. A gymnasium, more classrooms including music and locker rooms. There also was to be renovation of Jack Collins Gymnasuim and lights put in for the Softball and Baseball fields.
4. The last phase has begun construction and includes: A new fine arts facility, conversion of the old music room into the Fine Arts complex, development of new football locker rooms, new room on gymnasium.
6. Verdigris has excelled in the number of students enrolled. During 1997-1998, Verdigris had less than 500 students, but since then, Verdigris has exceeded over 1,200 students.
7. Our school continues to grow and excell in all areas of academics, athletics, and competitive organizations.
Verdigris Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer