Food Service Worker #CBSV-10673367-20-DCHVA Medical Center
Food Service Worker (CBSV-10673367-20-DCH)
The Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center in Spokane Washington is actively seeking Food Service Workers to join our team. This is a full time positions with a salary from $14.55 to $16.97 per hour.
- Sets up patient meal trays with condiments, proper cutlery and special individualized orders as specified on patient's tray card.
- Serves food on centralized trayline by placing correct food items on patient trays by reading and following the completed cards and/or selective menus.
- Transports hot and cold food items and/or supplies to preparation and serving areas.
- Transports loaded food carts to the wards and Nursing Home Care Unit (NHCU); delivers and picks up meal trays to patient bedsides and NHCU dining room. Delivers labeled individual and bulk nourishments.
- Separates and disposes of food waste and trash. Strips trays, sorts, racks, washes and stores dishes and flatware in accordance with established food service sanitation requirements. Scrapes, soaks, and scours heavy mixing bowls and pots too large for dish machine. Collects and Disposes of trash in main kitchen work areas.
- Sets up and operates dish machine, floor scrubber, garbage disposal, trash compactor, food service carts, lowerators (cold and heated), and like food service equipment safely and efficiently according to instruction.
- Dismantles and reassembles dish machine parts, hoods, and fans for preventive maintenance and weekly cleaning.
- Assists to prepare and portion salads, sets up simple prepared desserts, and makes sandwiches using prepared ingredients according to the menu or food service worksheets and following standardized recipes and established Portion Control Lists for regular and modified diets.
- Maintains the proper temperature for all foods during holding, transport, and serving in accordance with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines to assure quality control.
- Assists to wash, peel, dice, and cut fruits and vegetables for cooking and salad preparation. Cleans and stores newly delivered produce.
- Stocks delivered supplies/subsistence in appropriate storage areas. Assists in maintaining rotation of food inventories to prevent spoilage.
- Maintains clean and sanitary work areas, breaks down and sanitizes assigned station on tray line, and cleans and stores all equipment and supplies in proper areas, in accordance with established food service sanitation requirements.
- Performs comprehensive cleaning duties independently or assigned by supervisor.
Assembles and delivers patient between meal snacks.
- Trains new food service workers following established policy and procedures as assigned
An Equal Opportunity Employment Opportunity.