Research Communications Manager, SON Projects And Grants (PBL work up to 19hrs per wk)
Responsible for ensuring communication programs for the department are evidenced-based and informed by available research. Liaising with program staff and support services departments regarding all research and communication activities. Manages the development and planning of research studies and projects; oversee needs assessments, work production, evaluation of research studies, and the development and planning of communications/marketing plans and materials, in coordination with the Office of Public Affairs as appropriate.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Spearheads communications activities in line with specific research program, ensuring campaigns are based on available research.
- Coordinates the development and distribution of publications and ensure they meet the intended purpose and desired level of quality.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of research communications plans that are evidenced-based.
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of grant proposals and journal manuscripts.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationship with partners and stakeholders, by ensuring the fluid transfer of information and the utilization of research findings in communication strategies.
- Reviews, monitors, and develops team procedures and systems to ensure ongoing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops and disseminates tools to facilitate planning, writing and editing of proposals and manuscripts.
- Advises authors regarding clarity, consistency, adherence to funding, agency, and organization guidelines.
- Prioritizes and schedules projects and request for use of resources.
- Provides editing, coordination, and harmony for large, multi-investigator grant projects.
- Produces informational and promotional materials, such as presentations and brochures.
- May supervise the work of others including analyzing workload, determining work priority, assigning duties and overseeing work progress.
- Works with Researchers to develop and edit grant proposals and manuscripts.
- Works with the Office of Public Affairs on news releases.
- Works with the IS web team to develop and maintain content for websites.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls and provide mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and five years of relevant experience.
Commensurate with experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.