Radiologic Technologist - Diagnostic Radiology, Adult (Nights, Tuesday - Friday)
Provides patient care and technical skills in the operation of diagnostic radiographic equipment for diagnostic and evaluation purposes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Practices proper entries and records in Radiology Information System, PACS, and other systems
- Prepares patient for radiographic procedures by using two patient identifiers, accurately assessing patient’s needs and providing patient education.
- Operates computer and radiographic equipment for image production and documentation of images.
- Performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality and correctly marked images.
- Prepares patients films for interpretation by radiologist and practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity
- Practices safety measures in radiography and Environment of Care.
- Instructs students on clinical radiographic skills.
- Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
- Performs exams in a level I trauma environment
- Attend departmental in-services.
- Records and monitors patient radiation dose.
- Upload images to PACS.
- Troubleshoots equipment failures and reports such failures to the appropriate department, and notifies his/her manager.
- Maintains HIPPA compliance by protecting patient privacy.
- Maintains constant Joint Commission and/or ACA Readiness.
- Works in a high volume, stressful environment.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree or radiologic graduate from an accredited radiography program, ARRT (R) registered or registry eligible and Certified as a Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas Medical Board.
Tuesday - Friday nights
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.