This position is responsible to provide customer support to eye care professionals around the world. Responsible for the preventive maintenance, repair and technical consulting on a variety of ophthalmic medical equipment / devices and other related instrumentation of the eye care industry.
Assists in maintaining a reliable inventory and with keeping accurate records on all assigned equipment. Provides assistance to technicians and operators of electronic equipment.
- Repairs, tests, and calibrates medical equipment according to OEM recommendations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical literature, schematics, and drawings
- Assists in ordering replacement parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of medical equipment.
- Prioritizes work load effectively and complete all work assignments in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate documentation as required by current policies and procedures.
- Required to support multiple doctors, hospitals and facilities as assigned.
- Must have effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated competency to perform operational verification procedures, planned maintenance, and repair service on various medical equipment.
- Familiarity with the setup and application of test equipment.
- Demonstrated competency in utilizing and maintaining computer and server-based medical equipment, medical record databases, and proprietary and generic software; experience with TCP/IP, HL7, networking, network security, and DICOM standards; experience maintaining, interfacing and troubleshooting networked medical equipment to include VLAN configuration, IP addressing, sub-netting, and network security
- Understanding of regulatory agencies’ requirements, industry regulatory requirements and International Standard Organization standards. Ex ISO 13485
- Other duties as assigned.