The U.S. District Court is currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
•Installs, secures, and supports all workstations, computerized hardware and software, printers and other peripheral devices used by all chambers and clerk’s office staff. Installs all applications software, advises all staff on the use of installed hardware and software.
- Provides the results of research of all workstations, equipment, software, printers and other peripheral devices used by all chambers and Clerk’s Office staff. Keeps abreast of current and anticipated information technology needs relating to PC support functions.
- Provides analysis of PC support needs regarding software and hardware. Ensures that changes are implemented with minimal disruption to the court unit and staff. Performs testing of required software and hardware prior to implementation.
- Establishes, coordinates, and delivers training in system use and capabilities to end-users.
- Provides user support and problem resolution for systems-related problems via the on-line help desk program, the telephone, and on-site intervention.
- Partners with software programmers to understand court customer needs in specific systems features. This may involve learning national systems, or it may mean participating in the planning for, and the acquisition of a specific system for the court unit. Installs software and advises end-users on the integration of the revised or new software.
- Maintains a library of all software, including documentation of locally developed material.
- Will keep apprised of operating updates, patches, configuration changes, and firmware upgrades to computer equipment. Analyze system log files and identify potential issues with computer systems when alerted. Monitor network communication on an as need basis. Communicates integration and performance issues to other PC Support staff.
- Helps maintain the security of the network, including passwords and virus protection. Will assist all levels of staff with resetting passwords; will provide for Active Directory user administration (setup and account maintenance), and monitor virus activity when receiving alerts. Updates and informs the PC support team on all virus alerts and remedies. Perform routine audits of systems and software on an as need basis.
- Analyzes and resolves all PC support problems, relating to hardware and software. Will utilize network troubleshooting tools in a testing environment to gain the confidence of resolving PC issues. Incumbents are the first-tier support regarding all network related issues and creating/maintaining computer/laptop issues on the network. Quickly arrange repair for hardware when hardware failure on an as needed basis.
- Stays apprised of installations, configurations and testing of new network equipment and software, hardware, and peripherals. Will study the current network infrastructure to support questions and inquiries from the staff on issues related to network connectivity.
- Provide support for mobile devices and remote access.
- Provide support for the audiovisual team.
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer/user support needs, inquiries, and requests.
- Responsible for imaging procedures and inventory, resource, and asset management in the office.
- Maintain and manage various user accounts including MS Exchange.
- Assist with and organize office projects that require IT and responsible for move, add, and change requests for the office.
- Prepares and updates technical and user documentation, including standard operating procedures for all installed IT systems and applications.
- May also be responsible for keeping inventory of computer equipment or other office property and tracking cyclical replacement information.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have at least 1 years of experience in administrative/clerical work. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Salary is $54,274 - $96,952 DOE w/ full benefits.
To see specific position requirements, benefit information and the application process, visit the careers tab on www.casd.uscourts.gov for the entire vacancy announcement.
Closing date for this position is January 31, 2022.