Secretary to the Clerk of CourtUS DISTRICT COURT
Secretary to the Clerk of Court
The U.S. District Court is currently recruiting for a Secretary to the Clerk of Court. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Receives, screens and refers telephone calls and visitors. Answers routine inquiries and provides assistance to the public as authorized maintaining confidentiality of sensitive matters. Handles customer complaints. Advises the Clerk of any matter that requires personal and/or immediate attention.
• Prepares executive correspondence, legal orders, memoranda and other materials from dictation, rough copy or own notes for the Clerk=s review and signature. Prepares, routes and posts General Orders at the direction of the Clerk of Court.
• Edits materials prepared by others for the Clerk's signature for accuracy, proper grammar and clarity. Drafts correspondence and prepares materials for presentation by Clerk at meetings and conferences.
• Processes and files miscellaneous and grand jury documents to be stored in the sealed document vault. Receives and records criminal and civil documents to be filed in the sealed document vault. Maintains control over the sealed document vault.
• Develops, keeps and maintains integrity of all files, subject matter files and record systems associated with the Clerk=s administration. Maintains, updates and tracks paper and electronic files; makes copies and delivers documents to staff.
• Assists Clerk with maintaining the Local Rules on a periodic basis. Distributes revised Local Rules of Practice as appropriate.
• Conducts research and prepares reports and memoranda as directed by the Clerk. Maintains certain Court statistics and converts them to formats capable of being electronically presented.
• Arranges and provides logistical coordination for meetings, conferences, committee meetings and other events such as management team meetings, the District Conference and Community Outreach Education Programs. Arranges such recurring events as employee length of service awards, new judge investitures, and attorney admission ceremonies.
• Maintains the Clerk=s calendar, the master event calendar and conference room schedules. Arranges for travel and lodging for Clerk, prepares travel vouchers in accordance with existing regulations.
• Maintains historical information on behalf of the entire Court, including photographs. Maintains office reference materials, such as administrative manuals, bulletins, etc.
• Assists in the writing and editing of the District=s Annual Report. Assists in special event planning and coordination; assists in the publication and design of brochures and court related invitations.
• Serves as liaison to Judges= chambers and all other court support units, other district courts, as well as the Administrative Office, the Federal Judicial Center, and other Court Executives= offices. Acts as the primary contact for visiting judges.
• Maintains current list of news media representatives and professional organizations for distribution of press releases and oversees and coordinates security access for media personnel.
• Updates and distributes on a quarterly basis the telephone list and other confidential directories. Revises emergency contact lists in April and October.
• Acts as secretariat for meetings and conference calls, taking notes and disseminating minutes to participants.
• Operates office computer hardware and software (including, but not limited to, word processing, email, organizer and spreadsheet software), as well as other office machinery, such as photocopy machines, facsimile equipment, binding equipment, and the like, as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must Must have two years of specialized experience, including at least one year equivalent to work at the CL-25; or Completion of the requirements for a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university . Salary is $50,465 - $69,301 DOE w/ full benefits.
To see specific position requirements, benefit information and the application process, visit the careers tab on www.casd.uscourts.gov for the entire vacancy announcement.
Closing date for this position is Friday, July 12, 2019.