Jury ClerkUS DISTRICT COURT
The U.S. District Court is currently recruiting for a Jury Clerk. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Perform duties relating to master wheel refill and grand jury selection. Monitor and record the jury questionnaire process, juror attendance, and selection. Provide support and assistance to jurors during jury service.
• Processes juror qualification questionnaires and ensures that proper legal qualification criteria is met.
• Prepare and mail summons notices and forms. Process payments and reimbursements for jurors and prepare attendance certificates. Process returned summons, including data entry and preparation of excusal letters.
• Operate the court’s Jury Management System (JMS) and the e-juror component of JMS and other automated systems. Perform quality checks on data entry and make appropriate corrections.
• Resolve routine juror candidate requests for deferral, waiver, or special needs. Prepare “failure to appear” letters and reschedule and or advise jury administrator on non-compliant jurors.
• Monitor court calendars to determine the appropriate number of jurors needed for each jury trial day.
• Work with and coordinate needs and jury activity with chambers’ staff, clerk’s office staff, U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Attorney’s Office, and other groups to ensure the smooth operation of high-profile or protracted jury trials.
• Review and verify grand jury returns; provide operational and logistical support for grand jury, as required.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Must have at least 1 year of experience in administrative/clerical work. Prior experience in a legal environment and a four-year degree is preferred. Salary is $45,851 - $57,279 DOE w/ full benefits.
To see specific position requirements, benefit information and the application process, visit the careers tab on www.casd.uscourts.gov for the entire vacancy announcement.
Closing date for this position is Friday, May 24, 2019.