Division SupervisorUS DISTRICT COURT
The U.S. District Court is currently recruiting for a Division Supervisor. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
· Supervise employees involved in operational activities, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance, and recommending disciplinary actions. Develop and conduct employee performance evaluations. Assist in developing work standards. Supervise, delegate, and prioritize workload. Implement staff procedures and conduct staff meetings. Oversee office functions. Identify issues and resolve disputes. Maintain accurate documentation, statistics, and employee records. Train staff on policies, procedures, and internal controls. Make recommendations regarding employee appointments, promotions, and separations.
· Provide coverage for all courtroom operations duties as needed. Also provide support for intake, docketing, records, and finance when the need arises.
· Oversee receipt and review of incoming documents for conformity with federal and local rules. Monitor daily case data processing and data quality assurance activities, including case opening and closing. Arrange for or provide CM/ECF employee training. Assist attorneys and their staff with electronic case and document filing. Oversee records and mail management activities.
· Develop, implement, and monitor operational, administrative, and managerial procedures, practices, systems, and techniques, including those governing trial schedules. Monitor and oversee records maintenance, storage, and control, release and certification of official records, management of physical resources, and space layout. Supervise juror processing, procedures, and administration when needed. Monitor compliance with standards and internal control procedures.
· Assist the Clerk and Chief Deputy of Operations in defining and creating long- and short-term goals regarding the efficient functioning of the divisional office and implementing and monitoring strategic plans for the accomplishment of goals.
· Compile, reconcile, and report statistical information on a regular basis both online and via reports, and coordinate data reporting as needed.
· Coordinate with the court’s financial administrator regarding maintenance, supervision, and accountability for all on-site financial functions, including supervision of cashiers, reconciliation, and bank deposit functions, control of vault access and contents, custodial responsibility for divisional office financial records, supervision of the issuance of receipt stock, the review of mail logs, and the submission of juror attendance records.
· Participate in budget preparation. Verify specific needs and costs and recommend changes and adjustments. Conduct periodic budget reviews for the office.
· Other duties as assigned.
Must Must have at least one year of specialized experience, including at least one year equivalent to work at the CL-26; . Salary is $49,772 - $115,313 DOE w/ full benefits.
To see specific position requirements, benefit information and the application process, visit the careers tab on www.casd.uscourts.gov for the entire vacancy announcement.
Closing date for this position is Friday, September 13, 2019.