Census TakerUS Census
How to apply: Apply exclusively online at www.2020census.gov/jobs
Training Rate: $19.00 per hour
Regular Rate: $21.00 per hour
Duty Station: Work from home
- Use automated devices (e.g. smartphones or laptop computers) to conduct job activities.
- Review assigned work to locate households for verifying addresses and/or conducting interviews.
- Conduct interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws. Explain the purpose of the census interview, answer respondent's questions, collect information following a script, and record census data using devices and/or paper forms.
- Update address lists and maps.
- Validate address and map updates for quality purposes.
- Follow procedures to conduct accurate work while maintaining acceptable production rates.
- Maintain and submit records of hours worked, miles driven, and expenses incurred in the performance of duties.
- Meet/talk with supervisor, as necessary, to review procedures, report issues or concerns, and receive additional instructions
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. citizen and be 18 years or older to be hired.
- Suitability/Background Investigation for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service if applicable - Males only. (www.sss.gov)
Further Questions: Call 855-562-2020 and press option 3, to be routed to your local office.
The U.S. Census Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer.