Data Curation Analyst-Senior #190000RKUPMC Health Plan
Data Curation Analyst-Senior
UPMC Health Plan seeks a Data Curation Analyst – Senior to work in Pittsburgh (Allegheny County), PA.
- Work within UPMC Health Plan's Population Health Management technology innovation division as part of a broad data, analytics and knowledge management team.
- Identify and integrate new data sources/elements and provide ongoing monitoring and maintenance of existing data sources.
- Provide the critical foundation that enables analytics and business intelligence assets to be delivered through proprietary organizational software systems.
- Create highly complex programming, data set infrastructure, and other advanced technical processes to integrate healthcare data elements from disparate sources throughout the UPMC enterprise and its partner organizations.
- Identify and define key data source dependencies for analytics and business intelligence assets.
- Work closely with software development team to ensure connectivity and integrity of data assets for deployment.
- Identify, implement, and maintain enhancements to clinical stratification process.
- Make recommendations for optimal data extraction, manipulation, and integration methodologies based upon research and analysis.
- Coordinate ongoing communication with other departments in order to manage information integrity and maintain cross-department processes.
Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Management or a closely related field, plus two (2) years of data science/analysis, application engineering or related experience programming in SQL and/or SAS; extracting and manipulating large data sets; managing/preparing data sets for use in analysis, modeling, or business operations; and using various programming languages and data visualization tools (e.g. Python, R, PowerBI, Tableau).
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.