University of North Alabama
The University of North Alabama is accepting applications for the following position: Instructional Designer.
This position is responsible for assisting faculty with the design, development, and support of online, hybrid, and traditional courses. This position will collaborate with faculty: providing pedagogical and instructional technology support, assisting with creation of materials, and participating in/conducting internal, QM-based course reviews to ensure learning methods and materials are consistent with Quality Matters and UNA standards. Also responsible for assisting other ETS staff with technical documentation, support of end-users of the university’s LMS, and professional development offerings. We currently have two positions open.
Essential Job Duties
• Collaborate with faculty to design online, hybrid, and traditional courses according Quality Matters (QM) and UNA standards;
• Provide pedagogical support for faculty;
• Provide instructional technology assistance to faculty;
• Support faculty in the creation of course video/media;
• Participant in internal, QM-based course reviews;
• Work to ensure ADA Accessibility and usability of course materials;
• Create technical documentation, tutorials, and guides for faculty, staff, students;
• Provide technical assistance to faculty, staff, and students using the university’s LMS (Canvas) and related online learning tools (Canvas Studio, Respondus Monitor, Turnitin, Zoom);
• Design and provide professional development workshops;
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
UNA seeks a wide range of applicants for this position so that one of our values, ethnic and cultural diversity, will be affirmed. UNA is a smoke-free campus.