Procurement Technical Assistance Counselor #30910 (Columbia - MO)University of Missouri Extension
University of Missouri Extension
Procurement Technical Assistance Counselor Position
Headquartered: University of Missouri Columbia, MO
Extension PTAC Counselor Columbia, Missouri
This position has responsibilities with the Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Centers. Primary purpose of the Procurement Technical Assistance Center Counselor role is to transform Missouri business and industry through education, technical service and collaboration by working with small to medium size companies to improve bottom-line performance through assisting businesses that are seeking to pursue and successfully perform under contracting and subcontracting opportunities with the Department of Defense, other federal agencies, and/or state and local governments.
- Independently consult with potential and existing business owners
- Assist clients with DUNS & SAM registrations; provide assistance with socio-economic certifications
- Conduct assessments of client needs
- Serve as a critical link between Missouri companies and the faculty, research staff, of the University of Missouri System
- Promptly record details, with actions taken, of client meetings as well as client inquiries
- Conduct outreach to businesses throughout Missouri about government contracting opportunities
- Conduct market research with/for clients to determine target agencies; develop marketing strategies
- Travel to client sites, events and training as budget allows. Attend outreach events
- Develop long-term relationships with federal, state and local government contracting personnel
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of post secondary education in business, engineering, business education, related areas include government procurement, marketing, finance, accounting, management, human resources, operations management, e-commerce or entrepreneurship. Demonstrated ability in applying and transferring research-based knowledge in the above subject matter areas. Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and have ability to travel on a regular basis.
Salary Commensurate with education and experience.
For more information about extension's business PTAC program visit http://www.moptac.net.
This is a 12-month academic position.
University of Missouri Extension is an equal opportunity/access/affirmative action/prodisabled and veteran employer.