Executive Assistant to the Chancellor
The University of Minnesota Morris seeks an Executive Assistant to the Chancellor. This is a 12 month, 100% time, Civil Service position.
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
Essential knowledge, skills, and abilities
* BA/BS degree or combination of related education and related work experience to equal four years.
* Experience in a high energy, high impact office environment.
* Demonstrated skills in analysis, decision-making, program planning, and implementation; ability to work collaboratively as well as independently and to prioritize simultaneous tasks; ability to anticipate and recognize issues as they arise; strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills; and flexibility in initiating and responding to changing priorities.
* Expert level interpersonal skills interacting with internal/external constituents from varied backgrounds.
* Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality, diplomacy and judgment in dealing with all types of issues.
* Demonstrated appreciation of cultural diversity and the ability to work effectively with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, cultures, and experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Adept in use of technology and skills in electronic office, program, and/or financial management systems; experienced with office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
* Ability to gather and analyze information.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities
* Experience providing administrative support to high-level professionals
* Experience working with diverse faculty and students in higher education setting
* Prior University of MN work experience
* Experience with Enterprise Financial System or similar budgeting/accounting system
* An interest in and appreciation for the UMN Morris mission as a public liberal arts college and skill in working with college students.
* Experience interacting with professional staff, leaders and executive officers in complex organizations.
Click "apply" to apply online
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.