Extension EducatorsUniversity of Minnesota Extension Service
The University of Minnesota Extension is hiring Extension Educators, 4-H Youth Development. The positions are professional and academic appointments, which were recently titled, Program Coordinators.
One opening in each of the following Minnesota counties: Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Le Sueur, Mower, Nobles, Ramsey, Roseau, Wadena, Washington & Watonwan. Positions range from half-time to full-time.
Local Extension educators work in partnership with communities to build engaged youth who are able to learn and lead in a global society. Primary responsibilities are program development and delivery; volunteer systems support and management; program operations; and communications & reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a subject/discipline relevant to the programmatic responsibilities of this position.
- Experience (paid or unpaid) leading, teaching, and/or managing programs for youth.
- Evidenced ability to effectively communicate in English using oral and written communication methods (e.g., publications, presentations, web, social media).
- Experience effectively interacting with people from various cultural backgrounds, including race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Use personal vehicle and cell phone for work, to include applicable driver's license and vehicle insurance.
The priority deadline is October 22. Positions will remain open until filled.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.