Position is twelve-month, 100% time (40 hours a week) appointment at $22.93 starting December 7th or as soon as possible thereafter.
* Plants flowers, shrubs, trees, seeds, and bulbs.
* Sprays plants periodically. Determines type of spray needed and mixes spraying solutions. Plans fumigating schedules and spraying procedures for maintaining greenhouse and gardens in healthy growing condition.
* Instructs and directs other building and grounds workers and student workers in general gardening duties such as seeding, weeding, potting, watering, fumigating, and spraying plants, and in the care of soils and use of equipment.
* Operates large area snow removal equipment
* Operates all grounds equipment including various riding mowers, skid steers, wheel loaders, edgers, chainsaws, snowplows and brushes, weed whips, backpack blowers, and other equipment
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.