Counseling Services Director/Mental Health Care Professional
Full-time, ten-month Counseling Services Director-Mental Health Care Professional 2 position starting January 15th, 2021 at the University of Minnesota Crookston campus. Annual renewable contract with salary based on qualifications and experience
Position Overview: The Counselor & Counseling Center Director provides leadership and culturally responsive counseling, and crisis response, as well as providing consultation and programming on mental health issues to students and employees. This position contributes to creating a vibrant campus community characterized by a strong commitment to equity, inclusion, and belonging for students with diverse identities including first-generation college students; students of various racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds; students from low-income families; students from rural communities; students with disabilities; LGBTQ students; and non-traditional adult learners.
* Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of experience of a combination of related education and work experience to equal six years; position involves patient care or work in support of patient care and related services.
* Professional health care certification, registration, or state licensure.
* Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural competence, and achievement in working with diverse student populations.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with faculty, student affairs educators, and students.
* The final job offer is contingent upon a completed background check and receipt of official college transcripts.
* Demonstrated commitment to the land-grant mission of the University of Minnesota Crookston, especially as related to access and student success.
* Master's degree with professional state licensure in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field.
* Four years of experience in higher education providing service to college students; experience with victim/survivor support.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.