Assistant ResearcherUNIVERSITY OF KANSAS JUNIPER GARDEN'S CHILDREN'S PROJECT
Life Span Institute, University of Kansas
JUNIPER GARDENS CHILDREN’S PROJECT
Juniper Gardens Children’s Project, a community-based research institute affiliated with the University of Kansas, is conducting a research program aimed at understanding how teacher perceptions impact the outcomes of preschool children. We are seeking 1 full-time (100% FTE) Assistant Researcher who will be responsible for administering assessments and study procedures in preschool classrooms across the United States.
The Assistant Researcher will work under general direction from the project’s Principal Investigator and Co-Investigators, to conduct pre-designed research activities. The Assistant Researcher will administer assessments to preschool children and teachers across the nation. The Research Assistant will also be responsible for scheduling and managing assessment dates, as well as training a Research Aide on assessment administration. The Assistant Researcher will assist with participant enrollment and preparing materials for enrollment and assessments. This position requires expertise and experience in education settings, as well as strong organizational and communication skills, ability to plan and manage time effectively, attention to detail, and ability to work with a team of professionals. Further, this position requires travel across the United States.
Must have reliable transportation and ability to be flexible in scheduling around school and staff schedules. Must have availability to travel across the United States, as approximately 40% of job duties will entail travel. Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the background check. Continuation is dependent on satisfactory yearly evaluation and funding. Position is located in Kansas City, KS with travel across the United States.
- 30% - Conduct child and teacher assessments and surveys.
- 30% - Conduct observations in preschool classrooms of teachers’ interactions with children ages 3-5 years.
- 10% - Assist with the preparation of study materials, and data entry and checking.
- 10% - Enroll children and teachers in the study and coordinate assessment dates.
- 10% - Assist with supervising a Research Aide.
- 10% - Attend program team meetings and research project meetings.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in social work, psychology, early childhood, early intervention, special education, counseling, or related field.
- Two-year minimum experience in working in education classrooms or programs.
- Reliable transportation and ability to be flexible in scheduling around teacher schedules.
- Availability to travel across the United States.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in in social work, psychology, early childhood, early intervention, special education, counseling, or related field.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated in work experience.
- Experience participating in research projects related to education.
- Experience administering standardized assessments and conducting naturalistic observations.
- Fluent in oral and written Spanish.
- Experience with culturally diverse populations.
SALARY: $19.23--$21.63 hourly, $40,000- $45,000 annually (at 1.0 FTE) commensurate with education and experience.
DEADLINE/START DATE: Review of applications will begin July 19, 2019 and continue until requisite position is filled.
START DATE: August 19, 2019 or when position is filled.
TO APPLY: For more information and to apply go to employment.ku.edu/staff/14987BR
Please submit an online application, cover letter, resume/vitae and current contact information for three professional references. Applicants who do not submit ALL of the above through the online system, will not be considered. Please do not email application materials.
If you have questions about the position, you may email Brian Boyd at email@example.com. If you have questions about the application process, you may contact Diana Skill at (913) 735-2612.
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the background check.
KU is an EO/AAE, full policy http://policy.ku.edu/IOA/nondiscrimination