Communications CoordinatorUNIVERSITY OF KANSAS COLLEGE & PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL
This position deals with strategic communications and public relations for the School of Music (SOM) through marketing/advertising and the production of promotional materials for the School. Responsibilities include managing the School's website, social media properties, marketing budget, and supervising student hourly graphic design employee.
- Implement the strategic communications plan for the school - including appropriate audience analysis and SOM specific communication approaches. Plan and coordinate production of all marketing materials (print, online, etc.). Event promotion for select events, including management of appropriate online calendars. Oversee the creation and design of all maior/special concert programs (Lied Center, Kauffman Center,etc.). Initiate and cultivate relationships and partnerships with KU Marketing and Communications as well as other units at KU as well as with media, arts, community organizations and others. Develop and maintain strategic communications budget and report on budget to Dean.
- Oversee the production of annual magazine, which includes organizing, creating and editing content. Send out weekly, event promotion email during the school year. Write, edit, and update content for SOM news releases - work with KU News/Public Affairs to develop SOM stories at university level. Write and edit content for "QuickNotes" SOM's monthly newsletter (4-6 pages per issue). Write and edit content for assorted marketing/advertising materials (e.g. newspaper/magazine ads, radio/TV scripts, etc.). Create visual content in support of SOM strategic communications (e.g. photos) and execute post-production image editing as needed.
- Manage content and track engagement for all SOM social media properties (Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram.). Identify and engage key audiences to promote SOM resources, services, events, etc. Refine and implement social media best practices for strategic communications. Analyze and report on the effectiveness of social media efforts and return on investment. Ensure compliance with university social media guidelines and standards.
- Manage the production, design, and distribution of paid print/online and broadcast (radio/tv) advertising. Develop and execute promotional campaigns for performances.
- Oversee management of SOM website - including new content, regular updates from faculty, staff, and students, and special project development as needed. Coordinate with KU Web Services as needed for website management-related items.
- Serve as the main contact for the SOM with local, state, regional and national media. Build, maintain and enhance relationships between colleagues and media outlets. Work collaboratively with KU Public Affairs and News Service to distribute calendar information, news releases and press kits about the SOM and its academic units. Other duties assigned by the Dean.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or relevant field.
- Minimum of one year related professional experience.
- Strong writing skills as evidenced by three writing samples, as included with application materials.
- Experience with website technology, content management and analytics.
- Social media experience, including content creation and analytics.
- Experience with Adobe software, such as Illustrator, Photoshop or lnDesign.
- Excellent organizational skills with experiencing at managing multiple, detail-oriented projects with tight deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience developing and producing a successful marketing campaign through a combination of email, on line, social media, direct mail, TV, radio or print advertising.
- Knowledge of publication production and experience working with commercial printers and other such vendors.
- Experience with layout, design or desktop publishing.
- Experience shooting and editing photos.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Educational background in music.
- Supervisory experience.
- Prior professional work experience in higher education.
For Complete Information and Apply please visit: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25752&siteid=5541&AReq=14824BR#jobDetails=3827478_5541