Web Content Manager/Faculty Support
The University of Jamestown seeks a Web Content Manager.
This position oversees publishing content, maintaining continuity of themes, designing layout, streamlining navigation, and increasing online presence to potential customers while ensuring the University website is accurate and up to date. Knowledge of and/or experience in the workings of a communications office (media relations, special events planning and publicity, publications development, social media, web/multimedia content development, and marketing/advertising) preferred. Other duties of this position will be in providing technical assistance and training to the faculty of the University of Jamestown.
* Managing web content that is provided (forms, PDFs, images, and other types of content).
* Managing webserver software and updates (WordPress, Pantheon, and other general software updates).
* Support other UJ employees with their website-related needs.
* Maintain ADA compliance for web content.
* Bachelor's degree or comparable experience
* Excellent problem-solving abilities
* Ability to work independently, with other users and meet deadlines
* Experience with WordPress content management
* Computer and AV troubleshooting skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Moderate to high-level confidence with PHP, HTML, and CSS
* Experience with WordPress template development
* Experience with web hosting through Pantheon
The University of Jamestown is an AA/EO employer.