Pharmacist, Pharmacy TechnicianUniversity of Idaho
The Washington State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital is seeking to fill the following full-time positions: Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician.
Summary of Duties
The Pharmacy Technician assists the Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) Pharmacists in the technical operation of the VTH Pharmacy, including the preparation, packaging and dispensing of medications for in-patient and out-patient care. Provide counter service to faculty, interns, residents, students, and clients. Assist with the development and maintenance of pharmacy procedures and safety policies. Maintain inventory of drugs in pharmacy and night pharmacy locations (including controlled substances). Order pharmaceuticals and supplies, approve invoices for payment. Oversee and train temporary employees and 4th-year students. Research and answer technical referral DVM questions.
- State of Washington Pharmacy Technician certification.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with major study in a basic or applied science OR an equivalent combination of training, formal education and/or research, training or service in a pharmacy setting.
- Must be available to work some evening and weekend shifts.
- Experience working in a veterinary setting.
- Experience working with students/interns/residents in a teaching environment.
Will this position require a background check?
- This position has been designated by the department to require a background check
WSU is an EO/AA Educator and Employer.