Grants and Contracts SpecialistUniversity of Idaho
Grants and Contracts Specialist
Washington State University College of Nursing is currently recruiting for a Grants and Contracts Specialist (University title Fiscal Analyst 2) in Spokane, WA. This is a 100%, 12-month civil service position.
Functioning as part of college fiscal operations this position will analyze proposals, grants, and contracts post-award; answer questions regarding compliance and allowable expenditures; approve or disapprove fiscal transactions including EPAFS related to students, temp or other staff hired; apply detailed knowledge of regulations and Regents’ policies in regard to facilitating and coordinating sponsored programs for the College of Natural Resources. They will also perform a variety of budget and personnel functions to support the College of Natural Resources including maintaining financial and personnel records for assorted budgets. This position will also function as part of a team providing financial services to the College of Natural Resources community.
• Analyzing proposals, sponsored programs, grants and contracts for budgetary and federal compliance and answering questions.
• Approving or disapproving grants, proposals and financial transactions including hiring requests.
• Occasionally reviewing, updating, and submitting proposals ensuring all required documents are uploaded to the system and appropriate approval signatures are secured.
• Advising PI’s of appropriate rates (salaries, FB, OH)
• Advising college administration of any potential issues of non-compliance
WSU is an EEO; AA; ADA employer and educator.