Fire Systems Technician, Facilities ManagementUniversity of Idaho
Fire Systems Technician, Facilities Management
Under the general supervision of the Electrical Supervisor and oversight from the Fire Systems Lead, the incumbent of this position is responsible for ensuring life safety systems work properly to detect and announce fires and/or trouble in all campus buildings. Specific responsibilities include: ensuring the proper operation of conventional and addressable fire alarm systems in campus buildings; collecting and maintaining fire alarm systems information; installation and maintenance of campus panic/duress systems; installation and maintenance of campus CCTV systems, upgrading of existing fire panels and field equipment; providing technical review of all suppression and detection installation projects; updating and maintaining maintenance schedules; and contributing to the team effort. Backup to Maintain and Service Campus Fire Extinguishers.
This is an essential position that may be called upon in the event of an emergency and/or University closure.
- Inspecting, testing, installing, programming, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic alarm and detection systems;
- Locating and correcting inspection deficiencies in fire alarm systems as well as various other suppression and alarm systems;
- Programming fire system microprocessors to properly detect, transmit and announce alarm signals within the system;
- Ensuring computerized alarm monitoring devices properly notify the alarm monitoring service and other authorities having jurisdiction for responding to trouble and alarm system calls;
- Using specialized calibration and test equipment and specialized hand tools to perform alarm systems testing and maintenance tasks, as well as respond to service and emergency calls;